Your privacy is critically important to us. At RangeFlow, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on our platform is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
Our platform (including our websites (rangeflow.com, app.rangeflow.com), RrangeFlows’ Google Workspace Addons, Google Sheets Addon and Gmail Addon);
1. Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide service/information through the Platform, to communicate with you, or to make our Platform better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Platform, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an account to provide a username and/or email address. You may provide us with more information–like your name–to create an account.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or post a question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Platform-for example when you create or make changes to your account – so we can make our Platform better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information, for example, calculate how many people visit our Platform from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also get information about you from other sources. For example, when you create an account or log in to our Platform using your Google Account, we will receive information from Google (such as your username, and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by the service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
2. How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
3. Additional Requirements Apply to Information Collected through Our Gmail Integration and Google APIs?
Our Platform allows you to read messages, send messages, manage labels and modify message labels in your Gmail account. In order to provide you with this service, we obtain, process and store a copy of the Google user data associated with the messages in your Gmail account, such as the email addresses of persons to whom you send or receive messages in your Gmail account, the contents of those messages and associated metadata.
We refer to the Google user data described in the immediately preceding paragraph as “Google User Data.” Google User Data is subject to the additional limitations on its use, transfer and accessibility set forth below:
- We will use Google User Data only to provide or improve user-facing features of the Services that are prominent in the Services’ user interface.
- We will only transfer Google User Data to unaffiliated third parties (a) if necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent in the Services’ user interface, (b) as necessary to comply with applicable law or (c) as part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets with notice to you.
- We will not use or transfer your Google User Data for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized or interest-based advertising.
- We will not allow humans to read your Google User Data unless: We have first obtained your affirmative agreement for specific messages;
It is necessary for security purposes (such as investigating a bug or abuse);
It is necessary to comply with applicable law; or
Our use is limited to internal operations and the data (including derivations) have been aggregated and de-identified.
Our use and transfer to any other application of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
4. Sharing Information
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelt out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
5. How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online website is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Platform for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go if you no longer want to use our Platform 🙁 🙁 🙁 :(, you can contact us here. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
8. Your Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
9. Controllers and Responsible Company
RangeFlow, #3rd Floor, Al-Quraishi Plex, Santosh Nagar, Hyderabad, T.S. India.
10. How to Reach Us
11. Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
- In the case of US-based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others